We all want to start our day off on the right note. For many of us, that means waking up, heading to the kitchen, and drinking something to hydrate. We’ve (hopefully!) been asleep for 8 hours, so our bodies are thirsty.
But with more miracle drinks and mixes popping up everyday, it’s hard to know what to choose for your morning routine.
- Coffee is great, but on an empty stomach it can potentially cause irritation from too much acidity.
- Tea is also good, but it’s meant to be consumed with food and can cause nausea on an empty stomach.
That’s why many people turn to apple cider vinegar.
Health Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
You’ve probably heard people talk about the benefits of apple cider vinegar, and for good reason! Apple cider vinegar has a lot of legitimate health benefits:
- High acetic acid concentration boosts metabolism
- Amino acids help expel lactic acid buildup
- Helps manage bloating and acid reflux
- Freshens breath in the morning
But not all things that are good for your body taste good, too. I mean, we’ve all tasted (or smelled) sardines. Yes, they’re packed with protein, but few people really want to dive into a can of sardines for lunch.
Apple cider vinegar is similar: it has a strong, bitter taste and pungent, overwhelming smell (we recommend wafting) that many people don’t enjoy, especially first thing in the morning. Some people also have adverse effects, such as nausea, when they drink apple cider vinegar on an empty stomach.
So, how do you get all the benefits of apple cider vinegar in the morning without the appalling taste, upset stomach, and sharp smell?
Apple Cider Vinegar Drink
The key to getting your daily dose of apple cider vinegar in a way that’s actually delicious? A high-quality mixer! Apple cider vinegar can be good if mixed with something cool and sweet, but many mixers are packed with sugar.
The health benefits are wasted if your apple cider vinegar is diluted in excess sugar or artificial ingredients, much like kale drenched in ranch sauce. (Yeah, we’ve all been there, friend.)
- 5g of prebiotic fiber
- Low glycemic index
- Sweetened naturally with organic, hand-harvested agave
- And it actually tastes good (no sardine vibes here)
Mayawell’s prebiotic beverages feature all the good parts of soda — refreshing bubbles, satisfyingly sweet flavor — without all the junk. No additives, refined sugar, artificial sweeteners, or ingredients you can’t pronounce. Mayawell is the perfect vessel to get your dose of apple cider vinegar in the morning and actually enjoy it.
Most mornings are rushed. We’re all trying to make it out the door before morning traffic gets too busy, or get ourselves ready before logging onto work for the day. This recipe is simple! All you need is Apple Cider Vinegar and Mayawell. Garnishes are optional.
We recommend the Pear Lime with Green Tea Mayawell for your morning cocktail. Here’s why:
- The green tea provides a small amount of caffeine to help you get going in the morning.
- Green tea is packed with antioxidants that help cleanse your body and protect against free radicals.
- Apple cider vinegar and green tea both help boost metabolism, so you’ll have double the benefits.
- This flavor is light, sweet, and extremely refreshing—perfect for first thing in the morning.
- 1 – 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 8 oz. Pear Lime Mayawell
Optional: Include ¼ cup apple juice, or a squeeze of lime for extra flavor.
Which Apple Cider Vinegar to Choose
For starters, apple cider vinegar is just apple juice that has fermented and become vinegar. Kind of like grape juice that has fermented to become wine (but you won’t get drunk).With lots of options when it comes to apple cider vinegar, it’s hard to know which brand to choose.
We recommend choosing a brand of apple cider vinegar that is organic and comes with the Mother still in it. The Mother is the culture of bacteria that turned the apples into vinegar. (Remember: apple cider vinegar starts as apple juice.) So, apple cider vinegar with a “mother” is just raw, natural, unfiltered apple cider vinegar.
There are many benefits to drinking apple cider vinegar that has the Mother intact. In fact, the majority of the benefits of ACV come from the Mother:
- Full of healthy gut bacteria to aid digestion
- Regulates blood sugar and insulin resistance
- Packed with antioxidants that help detox and cleanse your body
Improve Your Morning Routine
Ready to start mixing your own morning cocktail? Check out Mayawell’s Pear Lime soda so you can start tomorrow off with your best foot (and gut) forward.